I have finally found some time to revive my promised winter galette recipe but this time make the filling with fresh local peaches and raw honey. A few days ago, after my morning beekeeping session in the Grand Bend area, I was craving berries and decided to visit our local Bayfield Berry Farm and ended up buying a massive box of freshly picked peaches. Naturally, a Gluten-Free Honey & Peach Galette was handcrafted!
Some Health Benefits of Peaches:
➳ Good source of carotenes and flavonoids ✓
➳ Good source of Vitamin C & A ✓
➳ Have potassium that helps lower blood pressure, regulate blood sugar and balance fluids in the body ✓
➳ They contain calcium ✓
➳ They are hydrating – they contain 85-89% water ✓
➳ They have powerful anti-inflammatory properties ✓
➳ Especially beneficial for sinus issues, constipation, skin conditions & nervous system ✓
“Fresh peaches are usually best when in season, June through August”
“This Gluten-Free Honey Peach Galette is Rustic & BEElicious!
The texture of the crust is pie-like and the honey peach filling has the perfect amount of sweetness and moisture.
The almond, raw honey and sesame seeds decoration mixture adds a wonderful earthy flavour and crunch”
I hope you ❥ enjoy this Gluten-Free Honey Peach Galette!
➳ High in fiber
➳ Refined Sugar-Free
➳ Healthy Desert
➳ So BEElicious!!!
If you try this recipe in your kitchen, please share!
Take a picture and tag your photo #aniasrootsandbees on Instagram and Facebook.
I would LOVE to see how this Gluten-Free Honey Peach Galette turns out for you!
BEEkind & BEEhealthy ♥︎ ANIA B. Holistic Nutritionist | Apiarist XOXO
Gluten-Free Honey Peach Galette
Yield 8-9 slices
This Gluten-Free Honey Peach Galette is Rustic & BEElicious! The texture of the crust is pie-like and the honey peach filling has the perfect amount of sweetness and moisture. The almond, raw honey and sesame seeds decoration mixture adds a wonderful earthy flavor and crunch.
You will need these:For the crust dry:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the crust wet:
- 8 tbsp cold grass-fed butter cubed
- 1 egg cold
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the filling:
- 6-8 peaches
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp raw sesame seeds
It is done like so:
- Add all dry ingredients first for the crust in a bowl or use a pastry blender bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Before using your hands to work everything in or pastry blender add the wet ingredients.
- When the dough is mixed and it sticks into a ball, use a plastic or beeswax wrap ( I am using Ania's Roots & Bees Beeswax Wrap) and refrigerate it for at least 1 or 2 hours.
- Wash peaches, remove pit then slice it.
- Add the filling ingredients and gently mix it.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper into a circle, about 1-" across. You want the dough to be thick enough to be able to hold the filling and fold up the sides.
- Within the dough circle gently mark the outline with your fingertip where the filling will go and where the dough will fold up the sides.
- Place the filling in the middle of the circle and then gently fold the sides up with your fingers. You can also use the sides of the parchment paper to help you fold up the dough so it doesnt break.
- Then add the decoration mix on where the dough edges fold and where the filling starts in a circle pattern (see the last picture on the blog).
- Place it in the oven on top of the parchment paper and bake for 40min until the edges are starting to brown.
You can drizzle some more raw honey on top of the galette before serving it.
You will need: ❋ bowl or pastry blender bowl ❋ measuring spoons & cups ❋ plastic or beeswax wrap ❋ parchment paper ❋ knive ❋ glass storage container ❋ whisk
Cuisine Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar Free