During one of my local farm visits, I have purchased several bags of frozen Sea Buckthorn Berries. You can also buy them online. I usually use these tiny orange jewels in skincare but this time I have decided to use it in a recipe since Sea Buckthorn Berries are packed with antioxidants and in comparison to other citrus fruits, its vitamin C content can be up to nine times higher (this is especially great since winter has arrived early this year and the combination with the Local Raw Honey & Chia Seeds makes it a power hive!). Sea Buckthorn Honey Chia Pudding is simple to make with its creamy, berry citrusy fresh, mild nutty flavor that complements the light sweetness of the wildflower raw honey. This superfood is also wonderful to use in drinks, cakes, jellies, juices, purees, sauces, lotions or body oils.
Some Health Benefits of Sea Buckthorn Berries:
➳ Used for treating arthritis, gastrointestinal ulcers, gout, and exanthemata. ✓
➳ High omega fatty acid content including 3, 6, 9 and 7 ✓
➳ Rich in vitamins A, E, and K ✓
➳ If you are vegetarian/vegan, they are an excellent source of omega fatty acids & vitamin B12✓
➳ Rich in essential amino acids, beta-carotene, minerals and flavonoids ✓
➳ Moisturizes from the inside out ✓
➳ Helps to lubricate stagnant bowels increasing regular elimination and helps with constipation issues ✓
➳ Supports the immune system; stomach and intestinal diseases including ulcers and reflux esophagitis ✓
“Sea Buckthorn Berries Are Mother Nature’s Best Multivitamin & also called ‘lemons of the north’ “
“This Sea Buckthorn Honey Chia Pudding Recipe is BEElicious! It’s creamy, berry citrusy fresh and has a mild nutty flavor that complements the light sweetness of the wildflower raw honey“
“The Sea Buckthorn plant bursts into bloom with small yellow flowers in April, the bright berries ripen between August and December”
I hope you ❥ ENJOY this Sea Buckthorn Honey Chia Pudding!
➳ High in fiber
➳ Chia Seeds Provide Sustainable Energy
➳ Refined Sugar-Free
➳ Healthy Dessert or Snack or Breakfast Alternative
➳ High in Vitamin C!
If you try this recipe in your kitchen, please share it!
Take a picture and tag your photo #aniasrootsandbees on Instagram and Facebook.
I would LOVE to see how this Sea Buckthorn Honey Chia Pudding turns out for you!
BEEhealthy & BEElove ♥︎ ANIA B. Registered Holistic Nutritionist | Beekeeper XOXO
Sea Buckthorn Honey Chia Recipe
Yield 4 Serving Dishes
This Sea Buckthorn Honey Chia Pudding Recipe is BEElicious! It's creamy, berry citrusy fresh and has a mild nutty flavor that complements the light sweetness of the wildflower raw honey. This pudding can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack or as a dessert.
You will need these:
- 0.80 cups sea buckthorns berries (you can buy them in local farms or online best whole and frozen, defrost them before use)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 3 tsp local raw honey
- 2.5 cups almond or coconut milk
- o.70 cups white chia seeds
- Sprinkle some fresh cinnammon
- For more sweetness drizzle some raw honey
- Add some fresh Sea Buckthorn Berries
It is done like so:
- Add all the ingredients together except the chia seeds and blend on high speed in your Vitamix or other blender.
- Then add the chia seeds and blend everything on a lower speed. Make sure all of the chia seeds are blended well.
- Pour the puding into a dish & cover it with beeswax wraps (if available) and let it cool for 1/2 an hour in the fridge.
- Decorate with some cinnammon, drizzle more honey and add few fresh sea buckthorn berries on top.
- BEEyummy Delicious! Enjoy!!
- BIG BEEhugs!!!
You will need: ❋ measuring spoons & cups ❋ high speed blender (I use Vitamix) ❋ plastic or beeswax wrap ❋ serving dishes
Courses Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
Cuisine Wellness Chef