This year I have decided to get back to basics and grow some vegetables and fruits in my urban garden. Oh YES! Tomatoes were front and center for me as I simply LOVE THEM! When in-season, they simply MUST be celebrated and enjoyed! Otherwise, we will be stuck eating the plastic shiny ones in the winter time from the grocery stores.
After my abundant tomato harvest last weekend I have decided to share with you my favourite tomato and avocado combo recipe.
If you choose to stay away from nightshades and lectins, you can still enjoy this beelicious recipe by simply removing the skin and the seeds. To do this simply boil some water and then make small cross cuts on the tomato part where the flower was growing. Soak them in the boiling water for a few minutes until the skin starts to peel away. Then cut them in half and remove the seeds.
➳ This technique makes my recipe lectin-light. For standard fare, just cut them into small sections as I did for this recipe.
This recipe contains good fats, fiber, folic acid, vitamin B & C and flavonoids from the parsley.
I enjoy this ‘Tomato & Avocado Breakfast Toast Guacamole’ on a gluten-free buckwheat toast (since I am sensitive to gluten). My favourite gluten-free bread comes from a company called ‘Little Stream Bakery’.
➳ Their gluten-free breads are made with the cleanest ingredients I have seen in stores.
A great addition to this recipe is a softly poached organic free-range egg which you can place on top of your Tomato & Avocado Guacamole Toast. YUM!
I hope you will enjoy my recipe and I am wishing everyone a ‘Good Morning’ ‘Bonjour’ ‘Dzien Dobry’ ‘Buongiorno’ and ‘God Morgon’.
I hope you ❥ enjoy it!
➳ Gluten Free
➳ Dairy Free
➳ Good Fats
If you try this recipe in your kitchen, please share!
Take a picture and tag your photo #aniasrootsandbees on Instagram and Facebook so I can repost it!
I would LOVE to see how this recipe turns out for you!
BEEkind & BEEhealthy ♥︎
Tomato & Avocado Breakfast Toast Guacamole
Meet tomato and avocado. I think you two will get along beautifully and make a deliciously nourishing breakfast selection.
You will need these:
- 1 small bowl of cherry tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1-2 sprigs green onion
- 4-5 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon or more sea salt or Maldon sea salt flakes
- A pinch of black or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
It is done like so:
- Wash the in-season tomatoes and cut them into small sections. If you are staying away from lectins simply boil them and remove the skin and seeds.
- Cut the green onions and parsley into fine sections.
- Cut the avocado into small sections with a small knife while still in the skin then squeeze it out into a bowl and add the finally cut tomatoes, green onions & parsley.
- Add the sea salt, black or cayenne pepper.
- Add fresh lemon juice.
- Mix everything together with a fork.
- Enjoy it with some clean gluten-free bread like buckwheat, quinoa or sourdough!
You can store extra in a glass container with some slices of lemon on top for 1 day.
You will need: ❋ small bowl ❋ knife ❋ small knife ❋ lemon juice extractor ❋ fork
Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.